Practice Areas

I have experience in the sophisticated family law issues involving the following practice areas:

Divorce (Contested and Non-Contested)

Divorce can be either contested or uncontested. An uncontested divorce is one in which the parties are able to agree to the terms. Although this seems simple, it is still important to be represented by an attorney to ensure that the matter is handled correctly. A divorce is contested when the parties cannot agree on the terms and court involvement is necessary. I have represented a substantial number of clients in contested divorces and have achieved favorable results in many of these cases.

Child Custody and Placement

A parent’s right to make decisions regarding their children and to spend time with their children. Whether through negotiation or litigation, I can help obtain a solution that is in your child’s best interests.

Child Support

An obligation to financially support a child. I have the expertise to advise you as to your obligation to pay or received child support, including contribution to a child’s variable expenses.

Spousal Maintenance

A court may require one spouse to make spousal maintenance payments to the other spouse for a limited or indefinite length of time after considering certain factors. I have the experience to assess your potential obligation to pay or to obtain spousal maintenance based upon the factors the court must consider.

Property Division

A court must divide the property of the parties. Dividing property during a divorce can be complicated and technical. I can advise you of your rights in securing the property you are entitled to.

Military Divorce

I have specialized training in military divorce matters.

Judgment Modifications

I can advise your whether you have the grounds to ask the court to change an existing order on child support, spousal maintenance (if not waived or denied), child custody or placement. I am also available to help enforce your judgment.

Interstate Child Custody

I have special training in the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act and can assist you in your interstate child custody matter.


A paternity action may be necessary to determine parental right, custody, placement and support of a child born to unwed parents. Whether you need to commence or respond to a paternity action, I can assist you with the child custody, placement and support issues involved in your paternity action.

Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements

I am available to draft marital property agreements before or after a marriage to allow clients to direct how their assets will be handled in the event of death or divorce. A marital property agreement may eliminate battles over assets and spousal maintenace in the event of death or divorce.


Ratings and Reviews